FREE Online Distribution now included with all manufacturing orders. Get distributed on Morphius.com, iTunes, Amazon, and a variety of specialty Rock, Punk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Electronic & Alternative sites. more info here.
Enter your email address to subscribe
If you are setting up your own art, please use out templates to ensure correct sizing and layout. Download our templates.
Interested in a barcode for your project? Most stores will not even accept a CD without one. MorphiusDisc Mfg will supply you with a FREE barcode for your project, a $300 dollar value if you were to apply for your own number. For more info click here.
100 East 23rd Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Compilation work assembled from various sources is available if required. Other formats may need to be converted. Rates available upon request. Please contact your CSR.
Table of contents (TOC) programming of a source with more than 20 tracks or index points is subject to additional charges. Please check with Customer Service.
• CDs and especially CD-Rs are very easy to damage. Handle them with care. We recommend to only write in the clear plastic center and to tape the jewel case closed during shipment to prevent scratching. CDs and CD-Rs must be in mint condition to avoid possible playback problems. Masters that arrive with scratches may result in digital errors and require a manual digital transfer (pre-mastering charges will apply).
• All audio CD-R masters should be recorded without interruption in one single session (disc-at-once) and be "Red Book" compatible (playable on standard CD players). CD-R masters recorded track-at-once often have digital errors in between tracks and may require a manual digital transfer (pre-mastering charges will apply). Discs that are track incremental format are not accepted.
• Be aware that some CD recorders do not allow the placement of stop points for the end of songs, only starts. Finished CDs made from such masters will always include the silence following a track in the total time of the track. For example: 3 min 47 sec of music followed by 4 sec of silence before the next track will be displayed on the CD player as 3 min 51 sec.
• No specific timesheet information is required unless there are hidden/bonus tracks. These should be clearly identified on the jewel case. Otherwise, the table of contents will be recreated as it appears on the "master" CD or CD-R. Although we will endeavour to intercept gross table of content errors, Morphius Records, Inc. will not accept responsibility for incorrect PQ code locations on incoming master CDs and CD-Rs.
• If required on the finished CDs, ISRC codes must be already present on the "master" CD or CD-R to avoid additional charges.
DIGITAL AUDIO TAPE (DAT)
• DAT cassettes should start at 2 minutes on a continuously recorded clone of your master i.e. edited and assembled as desired for the finished compact disc. Please watch for the presence of assemble edits (recordings stopped between tracks), uneven audio levels from track to track, sampling frequency changes, noises in the pause area between tracks as well as unusually long pauses (more than 10 seconds).
• The highest audio level on a CD is referenced to 0 dB on a Sony PCM-1630 system. Americ Disc Inc. considers maximum audio levels between -3 dB and 0 dB to be acceptable. If the peak levels of the entire DAT do not reach the lower limit of -3 dB, and if we have no written confirmation to proceed "as is", a production hold will be generated which could cause delays.
• DAT sampling frequency should be 44.1 kHz. Tapes recorded at 48 kHz will be digitally converted to 44.1 kHz on our audio workstations. Tapes recorded at 32 kHz are not recommended, but we can use them if absolutley necessary. Use of two different sampling frequencies on the same tape will cause delays and incur additional charges.
• All DAT tapes must come with a timesheet which includes the total number of tracks, individual timings for each track and any related comments: noises, special effects (intentional vinyl noise, loops, etc.), recording defects (dropouts, glitches, static, etc.), low levels, abrupt track start/stops, hidden or bonus track(s), etc. Incomplete timesheets or DAT tapes sent without timesheets will cause delays in processing. Start ID codes are not required but can be very helpful in the case of live recordings or cross fades between tracks.
• If required on the finished CDs, ISRC codes must be included on the DAT timesheet.
8MM TAPE (EXABYTE)
• 8mm tapes can also be used as an audio input format. Your musical program is stored on the tape as a computer data file similar to CD-ROM information. To be compatible with our playback systems, 8mm tapes must be ANSI labelled on DATA GRADE cartridges (do not use Video-8 tapes) and recorded on high density (Exabyte 8500 or 8505) non-compressing 8mm recorders.
• Track start and end information must be stored on the tape (preferably at the head) or on a diskette in a DDP file (Disc Description Protocol as set forth by DCA Inc.). Several hard disk based audio workstations such as Sonic Solutions, Digidesign, Sadie, etc. offer fully compatible output to 8mm options complete with DDP file generation.
• 8mm tapes received without DDP files will require a manual digital transfer (pre-mastering charges will apply).
• If required on the finished CDs, ISRC codes should be included in the DDP file to avoid additional charges.
DIGITAL AUDIO MASTER TAPE
• This is a 3/4" U-Matic cassette recorded on a Sony PCM-1630 or 1610 digital audio system.
• Sampling frequency must be 44.1 kHz.
• All tapes will be analyzed on a Sony DTA-2000 digital tape analyzer. Any audible AVERAGE, HOLD or MUTE errors will not be allowed and will cause the tape(s) to be rejected.
• In the event that an incoming U-Matic tape already has a PQ burst (table of contents information), the tape will be transferred "as is" and Morphius Records will not accept responsibility for the contents and/or incorrect PQ code locations. For U-Matic tapes that do not have a PQ burst, you must provide a detailed timesheet listing all the songs with frame accurate track start/stop SMPTE timings (additional charges may apply).
• Additional charges will apply to add ISRC codes.
SONIC SOLUTIONS ARCHIVE ON 8MM TAPE (EXABYTE)
• Sonic Solutions archives on 8mm tapes can also be used as an input format. To be compatible with our playback systems, 8mm tapes must be DATA GRADE cartridges (do not use Video-8 tapes) and recorded on high density (Exabyte 8500 or 8505) non-compressing 8mm recorders. A charge will be applied for restoring and dumping to a workable tape.
• Be sure to check "Include all channels in this soundfile" in the archive info dialog box to back up both stereo channels.
• If required on the finished CDs, ISRC codes should be included in the archive to avoid additional charges.
B. ENHANCED CD PRODUCTION:
For Enhanced discs (CD-Audio with a CD-ROM track), two possibilities exist:
• A pre-mastered CD-R recorded in the CD-Extra multisession format or in the Mixed-Mode format can be sent as a master. Please make sure to clearly identify your CD-R as being enhanced. Refer to the previous CD/CD-R section for handling recom mendations and to the CD-ROM section for computer data specifications.
• Separate Audio and ROM sources can be assembled by Morphius Records, Inc. (pre-mastering charges will apply). For Audio sources, see the different formats described in this section. For ROM sources, see the Master Input Specifications for CD-ROM Production section for details.
C. TRANSFER POLICIES
We recommend not using emphasis on masters of any kind. If emphasis is used on your source, please indicate this on your timesheet. All masters regardless of source will be put on disc as is. If any modifications are required, they must be specified on the P.O. or discussed with Customer Service. Additional charges will apply for any of the following services:
• Change track order
• Remove a track
• Add a track(s) from a different master
• Raise or lower levels of entire master
• Raise or lower levels of a specific song
• Reduce length of pause
• Mute the pause area
• Create a "hidden track"
• Add ISRC codes
• Dat transfer
• 1630 Transfer
Masters that are manually transferred and do not meet Input Specifications may be put on hold. Situations causing delays if not specified in writing as being OK are:
• Inaccurate timesheet
• Peak levels lower than -3.0 dB
• Pauses longer than 10 seconds
• Audible defects not mentioned on the timesheet
• Total playing time greater than 78 minutes
MORPHIUS RECORDS WILL REPLICATE THE EXACT CONTENT OF YOUR MASTER AND CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OR QUALITY OF THE MASTER TAPE OR DISC YOU SEND US. IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY DELAYS, WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO LISTEN TO YOUR PRODUCTION MASTER (NOT A CLONE) IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE SENDING IT TO US.
Select the product you would like to receive a pricing quote for below. Instant Quotes are available for CDs/DVDs/Vinyl/In Cases/Jackets & Digipaks. Instant Quotes also Includes Package Pricing Specials for Posters & Postcards.
Custom Quotes are also available here on our quotes page. We will get back to you promptly with a customized quote. If you need immediate service, you are welcome to call us at 410-662-0112 weekdays between 10 AM and 6 PM (Eastern Standard Time).